Partnership for Learning for All in Nigerian Education (PLANE)
Funded by: FCDO| Duration: November 2021 – October 2026
The PLANE project, spanning seven years and financially supported by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), constitutes a pivotal component within a comprehensive investment strategy aimed at fostering a more inclusive and efficient basic education system in Nigeria. The project’s primary objective is to enhance teaching and learning outcomes, particularly emphasising foundational skills. This is to be achieved through strategic interventions, including:
- Unlocking governance bottlenecks for better education service delivery.
- Improvements in the regulation of the non-state sector and through embedding the use of data and evidence within the education system.
PLANE has four primary outputs:
- Teaching & learning: evidence-based teaching and learning approaches & materials in use, in better-managed performance-focused schools and teaching colleges.
- Governance of state systems: improved planning, personnel management and public financial management practices.
- Governance of non-state systems: improved management and performance of the non-state sector; and
- Use of evidence and communication: effective generation, communication, and use of evidence to inform citizen engagement and improve service delivery.
PLANE’s goal is implemented in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, the Southwest Southeast and the federal capital territory.